HISTORY


The beginning of the present Art Gallery was set in 1905 with the will of the Renaissance artist Dimitar Dobrovich. This also set the beginning of the museum deed in the city. Differentiated as a community center collection till the 30-s of the last century it was an artistic section of the Historical Museum-Sliven. In 1965 it received a status of an independent cultural institution with an official name “Dimitar Dobrovich” Art Gallery and with a separate building for a permanent exposition.

Today the Gallery owns a fund of 6000 works-paintings, graphics, sculpture, icons differentiated in six sections:

  • Painting
  • Graphics
  • Sculpture
  • Applied Arts
  • Foreign Art
  • Christian Art
  • Auxiliary-Scientific

Исторически музей

Зора


 

Copyright © 2008-2018 ART GALLERY "DIMITAR DOBROVICH" | RSS

Created by Sliven.NET | Design by Anna Valeva | Programming and SEO by Hristo Drumev